Wednesday 7 March 2012

TV: Breaking In

Season 2, Opening Episode
A comedy I like! I am SO happy this show is back. See, I'm not down on all comedies. Why do I like this one? Christian Slater as (now former boss) Oz is at his most dry in the humour department and Bret Harrison (Reaper) as Cameron makes a wonderful foil to his boss’s sweeping plans. Adding Will & Grace’s Megan Mullally to the cast was a stroke of genius. The loss of Michael Rosenbaum in the mix is unfortunate, but it makes sense because his on-screen girlfriend Melanie, played by Odette Annable, was doing double-duty as Dr Adams on House.

The second season debuted on March 6 on Global (American network is Fox) and it’s still as witty, humorous, and charming (not sure if that adjective fits, but it does in my mind) as it was when it first began. I hope this series reboot works in making it a success for Fox. For one, it would be unfortunate for Christian Slater to have starred in 3 consecutive failures and for the other, because this show does have characters interesting enough for at least a full season. Fingers crossed viewers feel the same way.

No comments: