Wednesday 7 March 2012

TV: A Gifted Man

Reflections after the season/series finale:
I’ve liked this first season (gratuitous exploding taxicab notwithstanding). By the time the season finale aired on March 2 however, I did understand why a TV editor wrote back in September that he wasn’t sure what exactly it was trying to be: socially conscious in helping the poor, ghost whispering/Jiminy Cricket ex-wife fuelling that social conscience in the lead character/little of the medical procedural. In the last podcast I did with Vanessa Ho and Nadya Ogloff, I mentioned that I still don’t know what this “gift” is. He’s good at everything except people? As much as I do still like Jennifer Ehle, she’s wasted on the show. Her character has no presence, but above all, Anna serves no purpose. If it is back next season, I’m pretty sure I will not be.

No comments: