Wednesday 29 October 2014

October 29 ~ 'tis the season for spookiness and spectres

First up in things to do with self-promotion:

My most recent 4YE recap of Supernatural
Season 10 / Episode 4 "Paper Moon"
And here I thought I was being original by referring to 'the family business'. Nope.


Music! I love that George Ezra song "Budapest" - under the category of Something completely different, he and Sir Ian McKellen got together for musical hijinks. Thank you, YouTube!


Oh, jeepers, I almost forgot: Paddington has a trailer now! And Ben Whishaw sounds every bit as perfect as I imagined he would.
Hugh Bonneville, Sally Hawkins, Julie Walters, and that Peter Capaldi guy do alright as well. ;p
StudioCanal - you're awesome!  November 28, people! The film's Twitter handle is @paddingtonbear for all the latest.



Interested in etymology? Who isn't?
Mental Floss with seasonal words with spooky origins. 



I cannot hope to catch you up on all things Marvel-tastic. Sam Maggs (@SamMaggs) from The Mary Sue, on the other hand, can, and does. Props to her for finding the gif as well. I have so much to learn!

Marvel's Phase 3 plans and what they mean



Speaking of Marvel-tasticness: AGENT CARTER!!!!! Did you see the first teaser trailer? Did you? If not or you just want to see it again and again (see above gif for appropriate yet thoroughly unsafe reaction), even if it is only 15 seconds long - but you've been really REALLY great to the fans, Marvel, especially this week, so no grumblings here. Nope, nope, nope.




Something else for the brain cells - given only 3 letters, figure out the name of the European country. I found this a real challenge - some are more obvious than others.
Mental Floss & Sporcle quiz co-production.



I leave you with more Marvel. It was high time I liked this FB page. "Texts from Superheroes" never fails to make me chuckle. This one's even got my theme du jour. It's kismet, I'm sure.

Happy Hallowe'en / All Hallows Eve - whatever you call it, stay safe out there and look out for one another.

No comments: